Patricia H. (Pasha) Buck
1007 N. E Street
Indianola, IA 50125
Phone: (515) 962-4764
Contact via Email
Text the word: doorways To: 72727
Visit our Website
For nearly 40 years, Pasha has helped others learn to Pray in the Silence, using imagery--more powerful in its impact on the brain than words alone.
She has also worked with several hundred people, including veterans, doctors, and other medical personnel, to help them cope with the daily stressors of life by learning techniques for "letting go."
For a list of all Classes and Workshops, click on the Classes and Workshops button to the left.
Most of these lend themselves to both classes of 4-6 weeks or to a workshop environment, 2-4 hours.
1974: Opened DOORWAYS, an umbrella business which has included:
- Retreats for clergy and laity at The Studio, 1005 North E Street, Indianola.
- Creating curriculum and teaching workshops and classes related to spiritual growth and freedom/justice for all. See webpage: Classes and Workshops.
- Misc.: Designed, directed and secured funding from a private foundation for a pilot program to demonstrate that older people being discharged from a PA state hospital could become integrated into their local communities.
- Designed, directed, and taught, with other professional staff, a beginning course in outdoor education, "Environmental Education," accredited by the PA State Dept. of Education.
- Provided retreat leadership for Metanoia, an annual retreat for Iowa women; provided retreat leadership for congregations in IA and TX.
- Handspins fleece from her own sheep; weaves rugs and table runners on commission.
- Member: Indianola Chamber of Commerce; affiliated with both United Methodist and Disciples of Christ denominations.